Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Boiled Wool Jacket 6PAC


Burda 8300
Completed my boiled wool jacket last night.  Used Burda 8300.

I wanted the jacket to look casual, so I turned the S/A to the right side.  Just could not get the seams to sit flush with the jacket so I sewed them down.  The  fabric was stretchy and fragile so I decided to interface the entire jacket with black.   Because the blue bits were falling off, and I may need to do repairs I decided not to line it.








Used  blue silk cut into bias stripes to finish the front facing.

Back View of the pleat.

This pattern had S/A.  I knew I wanted the 'deconstructed' look,  and it nearly done my head in working out what seams to remove.  I worked it out as I went along. (I think)

The dog and cat love photo time.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like what you did with this unusual fabric. Leaving the edges raw and sewing the seams to the outside were brilliant ideas. They give this coat a very edgy, current look. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look fantastic! Oh, yeah, the jacket looks terrific, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a comment here last week but it vaporized. I'm not good at deciphering those numbers and letters so that may have been the problem.

    I think your jacket is beautiful and agree with everything Dixie and Sewing Geek said. You certainly used the fabric to its best advantage and accomplished such a couture edgy look. And the dark sapphire blue is definitely your color. It's perfect all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Cherylanne, your jacket is wonderful. It's a very couture look and it looks great on you. I love the way you've styled it with the leggings and boots (with I could pull that off!).

    ReplyDelete