Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Boiled Wool Jacket 6PAC


Burda 8300
Completed my boiled wool jacket last night.  Used Burda 8300.

I wanted the jacket to look casual, so I turned the S/A to the right side.  Just could not get the seams to sit flush with the jacket so I sewed them down.  The  fabric was stretchy and fragile so I decided to interface the entire jacket with black.   Because the blue bits were falling off, and I may need to do repairs I decided not to line it.








Used  blue silk cut into bias stripes to finish the front facing.

Back View of the pleat.

This pattern had S/A.  I knew I wanted the 'deconstructed' look,  and it nearly done my head in working out what seams to remove.  I worked it out as I went along. (I think)

The dog and cat love photo time.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like what you did with this unusual fabric. Leaving the edges raw and sewing the seams to the outside were brilliant ideas. They give this coat a very edgy, current look. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look fantastic! Oh, yeah, the jacket looks terrific, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a comment here last week but it vaporized. I'm not good at deciphering those numbers and letters so that may have been the problem.

    I think your jacket is beautiful and agree with everything Dixie and Sewing Geek said. You certainly used the fabric to its best advantage and accomplished such a couture edgy look. And the dark sapphire blue is definitely your color. It's perfect all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Cherylanne, your jacket is wonderful. It's a very couture look and it looks great on you. I love the way you've styled it with the leggings and boots (with I could pull that off!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck wool coat fabric

    ReplyDelete