Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cutting Line Designs

ANYTHING BUT ORDINARY

ABO Jacket.


Easy fitting and easy to make jacket/shirt.  A little short??? maybe next time a little longer.  Its made from red pique' and I added shoulder pads to give it a little more shape.  First time I have made /used one these patterns and enjoyed the easy shapes and thorough directions.  I don't do a lot of overlocking on my clothes, I just like to think that they are as beautiful on the inside as outside, but I followed Louise directions and overlocked.

I have made into a tunic that I wear as a cover to the beach.  I have a hectic schedule in the morning deciding which beach to walk and have breakfast.  At Avoca I have to paddle across the lagoon and like to wear  something ' shortish'.  So I have been making a few coverups.



 This is the new pattern , can you believe that I cut a small?  Louise make you feel so good...  I made it from a med weight linen in my favourite basic colour navy.  Has a very similar feel to the jacket in that it is easy fitting and very comfortable.  Next time I will do a fancier finish to the sleeves so that I can turn them back.
Add caption

1 comment:

  1. Both pieces are quite lovely. I've made ABO but only in an extended 3/4 length coat. I wondered about the length of the original pattern. It is such an easy shape to wear and as you say, LC's instructions are quite nice. I know I'll make this again soon in its original length, so good to know it runs a bit short. Looks great on you though.

    ReplyDelete